Saturday, November 16, 2013

Brainstorming Saturdays: The Artist in Me Likes to Come Out Sometimes. . .

And sometimes, I'm not sure if that's a good thing. 

Here's why: 

Painted Prisons. 



What if you made a picture so real that it came to life and forcefully switched places with you?


After thinking about that one day last year, I wrote two drabbles.
The MC, Marie, is a very talented artist who has been drawing realistic pictures with charcoal, ink, pencil, and other such mediums since the age of 9.
Unbeknownst to everyone around her, she's now trapped.
Her first 'perfect' picture came to life (villain named Jacqueline) and has taken on Marie's form, trapping Marie again and again whenever Marie finds a way out.
After years of a cycle of hunting for a way out and being trapped again, they make a truce.
Marie would draw pictures at night for Jacqueline, and Jacqueline would give her more freedom (plot weakness, I know, I need a better idea for that one though. . .).
Five years have passed, and Marie is going on her 19 birthday.
She's still a prisoner.

Left: Jacqueline inspiration Right: Marie inspiration
(I do not own the copyright to any of those, I just found them on Pinterest!)

She's just about given up all hope of ever being free when enters:
Duh duh dun!

Moseph Jameson, fellow 'realistic' artist who specializes in color and paint.
He has his own problems, namely a rainbow haired girl who is currently unnamed.
Moseph has found a way past his 'little' problem for a long time.
Now with both of their 'characters' ganging up against them. . .

Yeah.
I haven't done very much past that.

Feel free to ask questions!
In fact, I welcome questions with open arms.
Or you can tell me if I should continue with this idea or not. . .
You should get my drift.
:)

Keep on Writing!

God Bless,
SDG
Joy

No comments:

Post a Comment