Wednesday, July 22, 2015

A Step of Faith: Colors of Night

This time around: Colors of Night



I have this fascination with random things, and one of them is the aspect of color.
When I read The Giver by Lois Lowry, I was absolutely amazed that she took the idea of color and emotions going together, and how she applied that in her story.
How I didn't even catch it until-
Oh, hi bunny trail; I'll wave hi as you go by. . .
Sorry, back to my original train of thought before it derails.
Back up.
I basically took that fascination of color, added a couple of pictures I found online, and a dystopian/post-apocalyptic story emerged.
I haven't really done much with it, but here's what I have.

...

Iria was born into a world where color is used as a commodity, and is sold to the highest bidder.
Born with the gift of crafting colors into pictures, she was sold to a color house long ago.
Ciar was born into a world where color was taken away from the people, and only used as a form of torture.
He is a young guard in a high tech facility, who flinches at the sounds of the horror of color.
Until one night, Ciar dreams of a girl in beautiful color, and isn't afraid.
Separated, gifted, and now thought going insane, the two unlikely souls search for a way to cross realities before they are finished forever by those around them.

Okay, I had a bit of fun with writing that on the spot towards the end.
So what do you think?
Questions? Advice? Ideas? Anything is welcome. :)

Keep on Writing!

God Bless,
SDG
Joy

No comments:

Post a Comment