Sunday, June 21, 2015

A Step of Faith: Beautiful Eyes

My next idea to share, is:

Beautiful Eyes (a Beauty and the Beast retelling)



I wanted to play around with the idea of giving both Belle and the Beast a curse to battle.
Then I decided to, well, flip the effects of the curses.
In essence, Belle is disfigured and the Beast is considered innocent.

This is an old idea, one that I played with in my mid-teen years.
After tossing the concepts around for a bit, I couldn't make much sense of how to make it work.
(In fact, I think that I might use it now in a different way then originally imagined.)


Here is what I had written on my story ideas document:

Twice Cursed.
Disgusted with the current thread of nobility, a Fae curses the daughter of a Duke; she'll forever long for human contact, but in the presence of a human she morphs painfully into a monster.
Unwanted by good society, a half-blood thief runs from the band that he had called home for years; with no where to turn in the metropolis, he turns to the legendary old haunted mansion.
Uncertain of what to do in his new prison, he embarks on a quest to end both of their pains.

So in essence, I tried to give the Beast a bigger and more important part in the story than what I grew up with.

Like I said, I like the idea still. . .
I just need to twist it just so that I can actually make it work.
Maybe a different genre?

I don't know.

Questions? Advice? Ideas? Anything is welcome! :)

Keep on Writing!

God Bless,
SDG
Joy

No comments:

Post a Comment