Sunday, September 13, 2015

A Step of Faith: Dreamer's Bridge

The next idea is a little out of order, but that's the way it's done sometimes.

Title: Dreamer's Bridge



This one came from taking one element out of a fairy tale, and seeing where that leads me.
I decided that I didn't want to give Little Red Riding Hood a crimson garment that would be easily seen in the woods from a distance in broad daylight.
Taking that element led me down many interesting paths. . .
I also turned the idea of the wolf into two different characters; a young nobleman's son and a banker.
This introduced some interesting conflict.
Mix that in with a few dashes of super-natural, entrapment in an old monastery wine cellar, and an unlikely friendship between Red and some old ladies, and I quite like the idea.
I just need to actually sit down and write it.
Here goes.

Beautiful:

Grettie had no idea that the stranger was going to bring so much problems.
Nor did she want the banker to appear with a two week deadline for paying off her grandparents farm.
But there is little, so it seems, that she can do.
When offered a job running errands shortly after the banker's visit, she readily accepts.
Now, with some new courage she didn't know she had, Grettie races against time to save the only family she has ever known, and be back home before the moon rises.

That's all that I have for now.
I know some of it is vague, and there isn't much to it actually written out, but there are some things that I leave to develop later, when I know a lot more about the story.
Also known as when I start writing it.
So!
Questions? Advice? Ideas? Anything is welcome. :)

Keep on Writing!

God Bless,
SDG
Joy

No comments:

Post a Comment