Thursday, September 24, 2015

A Step of Faith: The Endless Cage

Well, time for a break from the never ending swell of homework.

The Title: The Endless Cage



This one started off from a picture of a young woman in front of a birdcage holding a bird.
It started off as fantasy and evolved. . .
Into a futuristic sci-fi/post-apocalyptic.
Go figure.
But it works beautifully!
And I'm really intrigued on how this will end up being about, because the main character has amnesia, and she's the only one we really meet for the longest time.
But there's another character, and he I barely know, and is super quiet.
Well, I guess I would have to learn more when it's written.

A desolate loneliness touched the farthest reaches of her soul / Digital Painting by Sonia Verdu:

She doesn't remember anything.
Her name.
Where she is.
How long she's been here.
What happened before.
Nothing.
Yet somehow, her hands know the instruments she finds from time to time.
Somehow, she knows which animals to evade and which ones to face.
And most of all, somehow she knows that she should never open her mouth, not even to scream.
Everything has been fine for a while now, but today has been different.
Today, someone with a deep voice called to her when she was hiding.
Someone, who called her Adaya.

I'm pretty sure that this would be centered around a post-apocalyptic world where there are people trying to figure out how mankind would survive mentally while alone.
This would be in first person, as that would make the most sense.
I'm still not certain about who she is. . .
It's driving me nuts. . .
Bah.
I need to write this sometime.
I really do.
Thoughts? Advice? Ideas? Anything is welcome. :)

Keep on Writing!

God Bless,
SDG
Joy

No comments:

Post a Comment