Sunday, August 16, 2015

A Step of Faith: The Dark and the Delicate

Next up in my folder: The Dark and the Delicate



This idea came from a dream.
It was really weird, because a smattering of my family and I (four of us out of my six sisters and I) were for some reason in Europe when war broke out against the US.
We were in an enemy country, so we had to somehow go somewhere safe.
Which ended up being a mountain estate of someone's, a huge modern/castle-like mansion, where they were also hiding seven other foreign women.
I got a small room with this beautiful view, a tiny desk (that held the Narnia series and a notebook, all that evidently I had brought with me), and a small bed in this nook/closet area.
Days, then months passed and no one came to help us out of the country.
We settled into a routine, and we didn't get much information outside of the small rural village that was a little way below us.
It goes on, to include druid-like magic users and enslavement via these weird necklaces and lots of walking in the dark.
Let me just say that it was a very vivid dream.
And I decided to run with it.
Here's what I have!
(By the by, I'm going with a contemporary fantasty feel for this story. . .)

Dancing Princesses

War has broken out.
In the southern hills and mountains of France, twelve foreign women seek refuge.
Duke Risbond, a wealthy land and business owner opens his spacious home to them.
For a few weeks, they wait for help to arrive.
Then one night, a man heavily robed sneaks into the building.
He knows his way well, and goes into one of the smaller rooms that one of the women are staying in.
She is sound asleep, and he enters a secret chamber in her room without disturbing her.
Or so he hopes.
In reality, she watched his every move from the shadows of her bed.
The next night, he does the same thing, and the woman slips in past him.
Doing so, she sets off an ancient secret that puts her own life and the lives of the eleven other women in danger.
They are now at the mercy of the Hiero Vasileios.

So. . . Yeah.
I pretty much see this in terms of a simple story, that, in many ways, seems too simple.
It's so much like the classic twelve dancing princesses' story, that I've never had too much of an interest in actually working on the characters.
Which is why I love Pinterest.
I can always discover something to keep my interest.
Questions? Advice? Ideas? Anything is welcome. :)

Keep on Writing!

God Bless,
SDG
Joy

No comments:

Post a Comment