Friday, July 12, 2013

College is coming up. . .

And So Is My Writing Deadline. 


Sad to say, I'm going to have to push my deadline for my completed manuscript back to the end of December. I'm still going to work as fast and hard as I can on it, but by reading Go Teen Writers I've been finding out that I do not have everything organized or thought out enough. I'll be working on organizing in physical format all of my outlines in a binder, so that hopefully by next week I'll be able to start writing again.

College, I've been accepted, FAFSA is done, and there's only a few quirks to work out before I'm signed up for classes. I'll be heading over to Northland International University on August 26. I'm super excited and very scared on how I'll be paying for at the same time (the glitches I'm running into has to do with the financial aid and paying for college. . . ). I'm so excited that I'm starting to work on packing already!

Before I leave you again, I'll quickly post a poem that I wrote the day before I left the writing workshop I had gone to last month. I don't have a title for it yet:

Such sorrow when,
A brand new friend, 
Must now say farewell. 

Such tears will fall, 
Good times with all, 
Shall ring like clear bells. 

Such sorrow when, 
A brand new friend,
Must now say farewell. 

I must admit it isn't my best work (I haven't written poems in a while). . . If anyone who's reading this and has critiqued poetry before, please look at it and comment on something I can do to make it better! Thanks a million.

God Bless,
Joy

No comments:

Post a Comment