Thursday, May 12, 2016

Eyes, First draft Complete! (Camp NaNoWriMo overview)

It's official.
I'm more of a Camp NaNoWriMo person than a NaNoWriMo person.
At least right now when I'm in college.
My goal was to hit 10,000 words written by the end of the month, and I came out just over 15,000.
I now really want July to come quicker, so I can see how far I can go then!

Not only was I able to write consistently at my own pace, I completed a first draft.
I haven't done that since high school!
I'm so happy right now.
It's really hard not immediately editing it right now.
I'm just waiting until the end of the month to start the second draft. . . 
That seems like such a long time right now!
Meanwhile, my plan is to tinker with the world building and magic systems.
Hopefully that will make things come easier when I do edit it. 

As of right now, I'm planning on doing Camp NaNoWriMo in July as well.
My current plan is to write the first draft of my Printhian novel, Given Away.
It's a fairy tale retelling that I've been planning on writing for a long time.
It deserves to be written by now.
My only problem with it is that I don't have much of a plot right now.
Not even an inkling of what I want to do with what I have in my mind.
Who knows, I might end up throwing everything out and pantsing again when the time comes.

Keep on Writing!

God Bless,
SDG
Joy

No comments:

Post a Comment