Friday, July 4, 2014

Fireworks and Another Update

Happy Fourth of July!

This has been a very interesting Fourth, one that is full of. . . 
Slowness.

These past weeks have been busy.
I finally found a job.
A prologue and first chapter of my current Work In Progress was written and rewritten, critiqued, and another rewrite started.
I traveled down to Kansas and had a wonderful week at a writing workshop.
My sister and her husband came up and are currently visiting for a few days.

But everything seems to have happened slowly.

Maybe it's the long daylight hours of summer.
Maybe it's the fact that I'm getting older.
Who knows.

Anyways.
I do have a reason for writing up another blog post.

I have rewritten Shadow Wings' Synopsis.

I literally wrote it up about five minutes ago, and yes I'm too excited to keep it to myself.
It's not too long, which I'm happy about.
I really like how it sounds.
Then again I'm emotional and tired. 
Either way, here it is:

 Sometimes, in order to save today, you must unbury the past. Abigail Dimond, an ordinary historian, never thought that she'd have to become someone else in order to save today. Well, not literally, but the next closest thing. Through the use of a secret technology only recently revealed to the public, she now must work through the memories and feelings of a woman named Kallie Forbes and work against time to stop needless hatred and evil from spreading any farther.
In a time of micro smart computers and hovercrafts, she must return to the slower pace of the past in order to save many lives, including some that she's only met in someone else's memories.

I haven't really dug into Abigail as a character yet, but I'm in love with her already.
Bah.
I'm an Author.
Of course I'd be in love with her.
Oh well. . . 

Ask any questions, and I'll gladly answer!
Really, I will.
I really need help developing this more.

Keep on Writing!

God Bless
SDG
Joy

No comments:

Post a Comment