Friday, March 1, 2013

Here comes college. (I'm starting to write essays and research papers again.)

I'm getting ready for college, and that means for me to start writing papers. Its been a year since I graduated from 'High School', and all I've done is write fiction since then. I'm currently planning on writing a five paragraph essay on the architecture of Rome, and a research paper on Vietnam. I'm still working on going through OYAN, and I'm going to have to figure out when to fit that in.

I can't wait to write the one on the architecture of Rome because I love architecture. I don't just like it, I love it. God has given humans a great ability to make everything beautiful, even our homes, and it is shown through the ages. We paint them, carve them, make them interesting shapes (yes the shapes are useful, but they are also beautiful), and make them as comfortable as we know how. I wonder at how beautiful heaven will be what with the intricacy of the temple Solomon built for God, and the Tabernacle that God gave directions for to Moses. God loves beauty and intricacy, not just in architecture. Okay, I'll stop before I go on down a rabbit trail.

I have not learned at all about Vietnam. It is an important subject for Americans though because of the Vietnam War and its impact on today. I'm so uncertain of what I'll be centering on though. . . I can't wait until the books come in from the library.

I'm stuck on my story again, no surprise there. Well, more like I'm balking at trying to figure out how my Hero changes in the end of my book. If you've done OYAN before, I'm stuck on lesson 18. I'm also a bit out of ideas for a twist/surprise/revelation as well. Or even a symbol for that twist/surprise/revelation. The Bunneh's have left me in this area, while bombarding me with new ideas. Hurrah. (sarcasm intended)

So that's a quick catch up on what I've been doing with my writing. I can't wait to begin my new papers and see how badly the first drafts will come out! Then I get to edit them. Mwahahaha!

SDG

No comments:

Post a Comment