Sunday, July 26, 2015

Shadow Wings: An Update

So I discovered that it has been two whole years since I wrote my first novel.

It has sat on my laptop, stewing, and waiting for me to notice it again.

As you probably noticed, I remembered about it a week or so ago, and pulled it up again.

And.
I.
Cringed.

It didn't feel like a completed story to me.
It bothered me, and now. . .

Now I decided to add on to it.

If you think of stories in three acts, like a play, Shadow Wings felt like it had just reached the beginning of the third act.

So guess what I'm doing with the rest of my summer?

I'm finishing up my story of course.

And I'm changing the point of view. . .
Writing in first person was nice for learning to concentrate on one person, but there was much that I left out because of it.
This is a first draft, after all, so I'm not going to complain too much now. . .
But it will be killer when it comes to editing it later.

Oh well.

I'm at least going somewhere. :)

Keep on Writing!

God Bless,
SDG
Joy

No comments:

Post a Comment